Nighttime Tawbah Cleansing Process
The tawba promise is a promise
that one makes with Allah through the hand of Sidi Muhammad al-Jamal, to turn one's heart completely to God, to walk straight
and to follow the teachings of God. The spiritual practice that completes this healing starts on the first Sunday of
the lunar calendar. If you would like to participate, contact Laila below.
Sidi recommended that we complete the tawba promise with
the following process:
1. Start on the first Sunday night in the next Islamic month , which is December 16.
2. Start the practices after ‘isha prayer.
3. Recite “astaghfiru allah al-‘dhim wa atubu ilayhi” 3,000 times on Sunday
night, and on the following Thursday night and the following Sunday. (e.g., Dec 16, 20 and 23).
4. Then recite “la illaha illa allah”
3,000 times. Start on the Thursday immediately following the previous Sunday (i.e. Thursday , Dec 27)). Do this practice
for three nights (i.e., on Thursday the 27nd, Sunday the 30th and Thursday, January 3rd).
5. Conclude the process by asking Allah to send His peace
and blessing upon Prophet Muhammad, (saws), his family and companions. Recite: “allahumma sali ‘ala sayyidina
Muhammadin wa aalihi wa sahbihi wa sallim” 3,000 times on Sunday, Jaunary 6, Thursday, January 10th,
and Sunday, January 13th, insha’allah.